The poor state of the union
Income inequality is at an all-time high in the United States, the most powerful and wealthiest country in human history. We have elderly citizens that are faced the choice of medication or nutrition due to price gouging run rampant by pharmaceutical companies; to add insult to injury the Trump Administration cut funding to the block grants that fund Meals On Wheels.We are the only modern nation that does not have a single-payer healthcare system. The average American citizen can work a full-time job and in many cases two jobs and still struggle to survive. How does that happen? Far too many of our politicians are owned by the corporations and far too many of us are separated by party lines and ideological beliefs. But we can unite under overlapping values. Our government should work for us and represent the will of the people.
The Fire Grows and Rises
In 2010 the supreme court betrayed the American people by siding with the fascistic corporations that rule our country via legal bribery. Thankfully the wisdom of the founding fathers of this country gave the people a big stick to fight back with…the constitutional amendment. An amendment to reverse the Supreme Court’s treason against the American people would represent victory. The political action committee End Citizens United has laid the kindling and has lit a bonfire on the shore of freedom. It is now our job to help feed this community fire until it can be seen from Capitol Hill and the Oval Office. Most of us have a growing disdain for the mainstream media. For USAToday and MSNBC to cover End Citizens United on their websites means the flames are rising.
What does the fire consist of?
- Thousands of first-time donors contributing.
- Over 325,000 people have signed the petition to pass legislature against super PAC’s.
- Over $4 million raised in the first quarter of 2017, projected to make over $35 million ahead of the 2018 midterm elections.
- Incumbent and incompetent politicians from both parties are being primaried all over the country.
What is the manifesto of End Citizens United?
- Elect politicians that will represent the people.
- Pass a constitutional amendment to reverse the Supreme Courts verdict of Citizens United versus FEC.
- Bring back prosperity to all Americans, not just the one percent.
What can you do to help support End Citizens United?
- Spread the word by any means necessary, via word of mouth or the power of the internet social media, email, blogging etc.
- Donate whatever you can, it’s the average American versus the limitless funds of dark money.
- Put your differences aside and be an American.